We believe a good tour should afford time to relax, enjoy the details
and meet local people. We don’t believe in itineraries that cram
in as many locations as possible, ignoring many of the real treats on
not allowing time to recover physically from each part of the journey.
In order to give you maximum flexibility you can choose your departure airport, preferred airline and booking class independently of the group tour. This allows you to get the best flight price or use airmiles if you wish. We can handle the flight arrangements and will include the planning necessary to make a smooth transition for the start of the tour.
Our main tours have a minimum two night stay in any location. You will never need to handle your main luggage, which will be sent by courier between hotels (unless we use a private coach between locations).
Many of our popular itineraries start with a three or four day stay in
Kyoto or Tokyo as we feel this allows just enough time to take in the
best of each city. And those who wish to rest a little or don’t
travel well can take a halfday or day resting in the hotel. This means
that everyone can fully enjoy each location and be ready for the excitement ahead.
All our scheduled Luxury Japan Tours also have the following features:
- All train travel in first class including the bullet train
- Private dinner with two performing geisha
- All hotels are 4 star or 5 star. In most cities we are using the best hotel available.
- Minimum of two nights stay in any location
- Luggage sent by courier between hotels
- Two night stay in a high standard Japanese Inn with traditional dinner.
- Two week tours include a visit to a seasonal festival
- Maximum group size of 16
- Tailor made extensions possible before and after tours
- April, May, October, November departures
- Fully inclusive price (except some meals)